All You Need to Know About a Combi Boiler
What is a Combi Boiler?
It is a combination (combi) of a water heater and central heating boiler in one compact unit. Since it is an all in one boiler solution, the combi boiler has removed the need for a separate hot water cylinder, which saves money and space in homes.
This type of boiler is designed to save space in homes due to its small size, however powerful, operating as a highly efficient water boiler and a central heating boiler.
Benefits of a Combi Boiler
- Minimal energy waste
- Produces hot water on demand
- Quick installation and costs are reduced
- Powerful device capable of heating your water and central heating system with ease
- Don’t need to use an additional pump as the hot water comes through via the main pressure system
- No waiting time for the tank to refill after the water is gone
- Provides a stronger flow of hot water than traditional boilers that work with gravity
- No need to use extra energy in keeping a storage cylinder hot
Disadvantages of a Combi Boiler
- Not suitable for large homes with several bedrooms
- Not ideal for a home with weak pressure
- Old, existing pipework and radiators may not cope with the pressure of your modern device
A combi boiler is the of the most popular choices in the majority of new boiler installations in the United States because of its high energy efficiency characteristics, convenience, and compact size.
Looking to Install a New Boiler in Colorado?
At Quinnair we offer knowledgeable, fast, and honest HVAC technicians for all your boiler needs. Whether you need a new boiler installation, repair or replacement, we can help.
Please call us at 303-980-3788 for a free in-home quote, if you are in need of a new boiler or want a second opinion. We have teamed up with manufacturers that produce high-quality, reliable, heating equipment.