Why You Need to Clean Your A/C Evaporator Coils
Importance of Evaporator Coils
The evaporator coils are one of the most important components of your air conditioning system. Made of copper or steel, they are responsible for capturing heat from the air inside your home. Along with the refrigerant, they intervene in the cooling process to deliver the cold air that keeps your office or home comfortable. These coils also play a crucial role in the dehumidification your cooling device provides. So, when the coils are dirty, they perform less efficiently.
Common Problems of Dirty Evaporator Coils
When the evaporator coils are damped and dirty you will notice the following problems:
- Less heat transfer
- Building-up of ice on coils
- More energy consumption
- Decreasing in cooling capacity
- Increase in operating temperatures and pressures
- Reduced life expectancy as dirty coils put more stress on the system, which may cause malfunctions and component damage
To avoid any of the problems mentioned above from happening to your air conditioning unit, here is a little guide on how you can clean your evaporator coils easily:
- Turn off your cooling device, and shut off the power to the condensing unit
- Remove outer case and caging
- Clear out debris and broken fins
- Spray out the unit
- Spray the coils down with the cleaner of your choice
- Rinse and dry your A/C
- Inspect coil fins for damage
- Reassemble the air conditioner
A/C Evaporator Coils Repair
When the hottest day of the year hits, you want your A/C’s evaporator coils to remove warm air from your home, eliminate excess humidity and deliver that warm air outside. With expert maintenance, not only your evaporator coils will do their job but the whole system. At Quinnair, we recommend cleaning the coils every two months. If you need help to care for your air conditioning device, you can contact us today!
We provide professional heating and air conditioning services. Call us at to (720) 836-1907 schedule an appointment.